Minokamo Buildings and Kyoto


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Gifu » Sekigahara
October 6th 2017
Published: October 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This morning we left the wonderful old ryokan and returned to the temple by the river. Then we headed off to Yoro waterfall a couple of hours drive away, stopping en route for coffee and cake! We also stopped at Ogaki to look at the castle. It rained constantly but Celine and I were prepared with brollies. At the Yoro falls a nice lady came to Jerry's rescue by lending him one. We made the short walk up to the waterfall which was gushing. The water is supposed to be the best in Japan. On the way back down we noticed crabs! Yes, crabs running around the wet steps! Bizzare. We had lunch with the helpful ladies.
From Yoro we headed for Kyoto and the Airbnb. Yuki, our car GPS , got us as close as she could with the postcode we had and we parked in a small car park. But we had no idea where the actual house was, so we walked around in the pouring rain asking various people, until finally a man escorted us to the address. After 20 minutes or so walking around in the rain we ended up exactly where we had left the car! But it was good to be finally in the dry! We had dinner in a small bar. Off to Osaka tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.62s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 16; qc: 80; dbt: 0.4944s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb