Day 4 - We're off!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sulawesi » Makassar
July 8th 2010
Published: July 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Claire: With 10mins of my laptops battery life remaining, I'll be brief! We both slept well last night, finally. I think we've almost overcome our jetlag now, it has been 5 days since we left you! (Happy Birthday Greg!). And we're setting off from the hotel in an hour. The first boat should get to BauBau at 5pm, (so roughly a 5 hour boat trip). Then the next boat leaves BauBau at 9pm. Apparently BauBau is incredibly beautiful, so we're allowed to have a wander, and get dinner and things!
The overnight ferry provides plastic mattresses on the floor, there will be at least 60 of us heading to the island today, so we'll just have to grab an area and hold on to it all night! The luggage is going to be in the hold of both boats!
The next time we speak to you we will be in Hoga! Most likely on Friday afternoon. So morning your time! xxxx

Ellie: Hello!! Claire is very good at giving detailed updates. Not much to add! We're all a but daunted by the overnight ferry but it should be an experience! Last night we said goodbye to all the students who were headed off to Opwall's forest site. There will be 200 of us on Hoga.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb