Long Train Runnin'


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Surabaya
August 10th 2018
Published: August 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

By 6:00 we were at the train station awaiting our locomotive’s departure. The station was not well marked as far as which line was going to Surabayaor when. We eventually figured out where we needed to be. The train itself was quite nice. Kristy had paid extra to be in the executive cabin. The ride to Surabaya from Jogja was about five hours.

Along the way, we passed many smaller towns. We made stops in towns large enough for a train station. There were many rice paddies and a few cornfields alongside the tracks. In the distant horizon, we could see large volcanos which were largely obscured by clouds. During the journey, Kristy read about gun dog training and posted several pictures from Jogja to Facebook. Brad played on his computer and watched his kindle fire.

Once we arrived in Surabaya we took a Grabcar to the Grand Darmo Suites. This was our first large hotel and offered typical modern amenities. We checked in and started to coordinate with Jim and the local Habitat team to make plans for our stay. We arranged for a guide and driver to pick us up that evening and tour us around to Mount Bromo and Madakaripura waterfall.

With plans made we hit the KFC for dinner, grabbed snacks and cash from the mall, and took a nap before leaving for the night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb