JAVA...Erotic Temples


Advertisement
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Solo
February 20th 2012
Published: February 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

JAVA...Erotic Temples. Solo... (Surakarta)...65 kms NE of Yogyakarta in Central Java... known as the Capital of Batik...one of the cradles of Javanese culture...also famous for Javan dance. It is also the home of "Jamiah Islamiah"...the radical jihadist group responsible for the Bali bombings. As a result...Joe said...Solo was often avoided by tourists. The bombing of a Protestant Church in So... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 78, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

BIMABIMA
BIMA

Candi Sukuh
ANONANON
ANON

The best known image of erotic art at Candi Sukuh
DEROBEDDEROBED
DEROBED

Candi Sukuh
THE WOMB & LIFETHE WOMB & LIFE
THE WOMB & LIFE

Candi Sukuh
VILLAGE LIFEVILLAGE LIFE
VILLAGE LIFE

Exquisite bas-relief...Candi Sukuh
ALTARSALTARS
ALTARS

Candi Sukuh
BLESSED FOODBLESSED FOOD
BLESSED FOOD

An acquired taste
THANKS JOETHANKS JOE
THANKS JOE

our guide for Yogyakarta, Prambanan, Borobudur, Dieng Plateau, Solo & Candi Sukuh & Ceto...many wonderful times...thank you



20th February 2012

Portraits
I love your portrait photo's! They're quite natural. How did you get people to be comfortable in them when they knew you were taking the pic? Did you ask first?
21st February 2012

THANKS STACEY...AND THE PORTRAITS
All portraits in my Java blogs were taken with consent...I asked them first. I was moved by Cockle's forum thread "Moral Photography" before our Java trip...so even though I have a love of portraits...and believe the result is better by consent...this trip I felt bad if it would have been a sneak shot and couldn't do it...missed out on heaps of interesting shots as a result...but the results are probably better...especially for clarity. To get a natural shot is the challenge...I take time with the shot to catch the right expression. I am glad you liked the portraits in this blog...next blog will just be portraits...watch this space.
20th February 2012

You have a way with the women and the egg chef.
Keep asking until you get what you want. Excellent. A country rich in history and tradition. Thanks for sharing your adventure.
21st February 2012

THANKS DAVE & MERRY JO
Great to hear from you...some special portraits in this one...just for you. The joy of travelling...often little things...and the history...always fascinating.
21st February 2012

Argh man boobs! Great pictures nonetheless, you always take such stunning portraits. Cheers, Jens
21st February 2012

THANKS JENS
Nice to hear from you. Man boobs indeed...after all the sign of masculinity is the essence of the World...I thought they meant something else..!
28th February 2012

tour details please...
Hi ! Could you let me know ,who organised this tour for u ?? Which company does Joe belong to??...where all did u stay ?? wny travel tips? to learm from your experience would help us.. thanks Anu
29th February 2012

THANKS ANU
If hope I have encouraged you to visit Java...I highly recommend it...great temples & carvings in stone...which you would like...Prambanan, Borobudur, Sukuh...and heaps of small Hindu temples around the island. Java...some of the friendliest people we have met on our travels. We organised the trip through javatourism.com...fair bit of liasion working out where we wanted to go etc...just the two of us...ended up with a superb itinerary. If you want more details contact me by private message on my blog page. More Java blogs to come...watch this page.
28th February 2012

Greetings Dave!
Apologies, but I've been homeless and Internetless for the last 3 weeks. Anyway, I see your latest blog is in keeping with the usual high Dancing Dave standards and your photography is yet again simply sublime....I have to agree with Jens about the man boobs though....ouch hee hee. I so agree with your statement that it is the little things that really matter. I've been an avid proponent of that belief for the last few years and long ago realised that money and riches are most definitely the root of all evil.
29th February 2012

NICK'S BACK
Wondering how Thailand was...the Cockle had gone missing...homeless and Internetless...sounds like a blog a'coming. The joy of travelling...and hanging out with locals...watch this space.
29th February 2012

Yup...
once I've emptied my cardboard boxes that I've been living out of I will get back into the flow of things. The blogs are written, I just need to sort my pictures out now :)
2nd June 2012

I'll read this one now.
I was scrolling through your blogs, trying to decide which one to read, in my usual haphazard way of choosing the next blog to read, after deciding which of my favourite bloggers I am in the mood for reading a blog by. Since the title of this one has 'erotic' in it, i'm guessing it at least has to have something extra special about it, in addition to all the other usual good aspects of your blogs. ;) I usually make the comment after reading the blog, so maybe there will be another after I read it. ;)

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb