Indonesia


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
April 4th 2011
Published: April 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi again I hope everyone is well! We have been chillin in The Gili’s and are slow to get things done!!
We spent 5 days in Bangkok visiting our friends and enjoying eating good food, Ice cream, watching their daughter’s baseball game, seeing the out of this world malls (especially Pantip, 6 floors of everything to do with electronics and cameras). I was in heaven! Bill was very patient; he just kept going back for ice cream. We picked up our 2 month Indonesian visa and found a cheap flight to Bali on one of the cheap airlines working in Asia.
We arrived in Bali and it was pouring rain. We looked for rooms and the prices seemed to have doubled since last year but the standards hadn’t improved. UG We had our bags delayed so we had to stay 2 nights to wait for them and it continued to pour. So along with the seediness of Kuta, it was not great. So the first chance we had we left for Gili Terawangan. The weather was great even though there was some rain and cloud. Island life is so uplifting, no cars or motorbikes, just horse carts and bikes. The food is great, accommodation real comfortable, people friendly and the diving awesome. It is nice to stay in one place. We have connected with friends that were here last year and some new friends, so the last month has been fun living on the same wavelength, slow and easy and the beer is good! Hehehehe! It is incredible to slow down and live in the now and watch life unfold. We have done a lot of diving at the Blue Marlin Dive Center again, the staff are really friendly and it is quite wonderful. We have seen a lot of white tip reef sharks, turtles, cuttlefish, moray eels, blue spotted stingrays, triggerfish, clam shells and those are just some of the bigger things. There are so many smaller colorful clown fish, sunfish etc. it is just a wonderful world under there!
The weather has been so rainy in SE Asia, which is so abnormal for this time of year, but the Island is an easy place to be. Unfortunately our flight leaves on April 15th so we should be home on the17th. We go through Tokyo, which isn’t great, but all flights are totally booked so we can’t change it. Anyway just passing through! It will be nice to be home and see the spring; I hope it has stopped snowing! Anyway bye for now!
Terry& Bill



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



5th April 2011

how sublime!
What a delight to receive your blog. Thank you sooo much for sharing a taste of your travels. You really brighten up my slow, slow slow rocky mountain springtime. Have a safe journey home. Happy Trails & big hugs to you both!

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb