Spending just four days on vacation in Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
September 12th 2023
Published: September 12th 2023
Edit Blog Post



Spending just four days on vacation in Bali taught me a lot. Something that adds depth and texture to one's life story.

Bali is a popular tourist destination due to its beautiful scenery and welcoming locals. For four days and three nights, some coworkers and I pretended to be on vacation in Bali.

This is the most extravagant and pointless vacation I can imagine taking as a traveler. Why not, I opted to stay in a hotel this time instead of camping out on the sidewalk, and I picked the Maxi Hotel on Jalan Legian, right in the heart of Bali's most vibrant neighborhood.

Stay in the middle of all the action at Maxi Hotel, Restaurant & Spa in Legian, Bali. Included are a swimming pool, a restaurant, and free parking in addition to free Wi-Fi.

Discos and bars line the street directly in front of the hotel, and they tend to fill up first thing in the morning, making guests feel like strangers in their own country.

We spent our four days in Bali touring the island's most well-known attractions rather than the more remote areas I had originally desired. I went along with the group nevertheless because, after all, the vacation was more important than my own personal preferences.

Our first stop was Kintamani, where we enjoyed a delicious lunch overlooking Mount Batur and the lake below. The restaurant's name escapes me, but it charges IDR 80,000 per person for an unlimited meal.

After we finished eating and snapping pictures, we hurried to Ubud's Bali Pulina, a restaurant with a view of rice terraces and the sensation of Kopi Luwak that made me feel like I'd been living there for years. Boards and chalk are at your disposal in this area, so feel free to doodle a quick hello to your pals.

We ended our first day with dinner in Jimbaran, where a string of eateries awaits to satisfy your hunger. A beautiful sunset can be seen from this spot if you come later in the day, however by the time we got here yesterday it was almost dark. Okay, how about we try out Jimbaran for a romantic meal tonight?

The next day, after lounging and swimming at the hotel, we were in a rush to locate food and ended up at Made's Warung. This restaurant has a reputation as one of Bali's finest, but personally I found the food to be nothing special beyond the standard fare served in generous servings. Countless males...

After we've eaten, we'll head to the Agung Bali souvenir area, where we may buy t-shirts, pants, and other mementos of our time in Bali. Tomorrow, we're going to the pool. After some retail therapy, we dropped by the Jl. Maluku II Denpasar restaurant of some distant cousins for some Fish Head Soup. Okay, let's refuel.

We made a mad dash to Tanah Lot in the late afternoon just in time to catch the sunset. Considering how many people probably take advantage of the long holiday to come here, perhaps the bustle is appropriate. Our conversation with the coffee shop owner, which continued well into closing time, stands out as a highlight of our time here. After being well enlightened by his lectures on goodness, coffee, divinity, and the philosophy of life, we headed back to the hotel for supper.

On the third day, we did our standard pre-exploration rest and relaxation at the hotel. Bebek Tepi Sawah, located in the Krisna Culinary District, played host to breakfast this morning.

Pandawa Beach, a beach with a cliff outlook, is the first stop on the journey. This beach is frequented primarily by locals, has a hectic vibe, and, in my opinion, has a subpar beach. Perhaps if it were quieter it would be a good place to unwind. Here, we only ate coconut ice and dug about in the sand a bit. We can also look into canno rental options here.

Dreamland Beach, whose allure left me a little taken aback, was the next stop on the journey. Numerous international visitors come to this destination to surf and listen to disco music. It's the finishing touch to a perfect holiday, complementing the golden hue of the afternoon sunset.

Since we were a little late to check in, we decided to walk along Legian to BeachWalk for supper. Well, it seems like there's always a shopping center nearby.

On our final day we will check out of the hotel and go shopping for mementos and other gifts. This time, we left the hotel and went to Ayam Betutu for breakfast and lunch before heading to Sukowati Market, Jogger, and the Krisna Souvenir Center.

There was still plenty of time after shopping, so we sat around in Kuta and watched the sunset before heading to supper at Restaurant Dewi Sri and then the airport. We drop by bali tour packages to the airport and back to my home.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.523s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.153s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb