Poolside @Sheraton


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
August 13th 2018
Published: August 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

On our first day in Bali, Kristy found a specific smoothie bowl restaurant she wanted to check out for breakfast. We walked a long way from the Sheraton, passing a few other smoothie bowls, before finding that the targeted establishment was closed. Across the street, there was a breakfast spot that had “Big Aussie Breakfast” on the menu. We each got the Big Aussie which was very similar to an American style breakfast. It was delicious and a nice change of pace from the Asian breakfasts we had been having.

After breakfast, we decided to make use of the beautiful infinity pool at the Sheraton. The pool and deck overlooked the beach, although a street (which did not obstruct the view) separates the two. We plopped down on two lounge chairs and soaked up some sun. We ordered a few mocktails and alternated bathing in the pool and in the sun.

For lunch, we ordered from the poolside waitstaff. We both had a pancetta and mozzarella panini with potato wedges and tomatoes. The food was pretty good, relatively cheap, and super convenient. After spending some time at the pool, we took a stroll down the beach. We passed the Bali Sea Turtle Society right as they were setting up for a baby turtle release! We were not able to participate but we watched the turtles struggle over the sand and down to the water.

That evening, we needed to drop off some laundry and get dinner. We walked down a street we thought would have a few laundry places. The first shop with a laundry sign we happened upon was the Kutabex Market. We told the clerk that we wanted to do laundry. The operation was pretty sketchy because there was no posted price and he had to pull out a scale from under a clothing rack. We negotiated the price down a bit and paid 150k for 5 kg.

From there we went to 90 Degrees for dinner. The restaurant had good reviews and a lot of patrons. There was a live band on the outside patio so we decided to eat inside. Kristy had a steamed rice and meat dish. Brad had a mediocre green curry. We shared a coconut milk soup which was quite good. After dinner, we went back to the Sheraton for the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb