Ketubukbuk continued


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Lovina
August 12th 2008
Published: August 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

jack fruit partyjack fruit partyjack fruit party

on the beach at sunset for the jackfruit party
well guys i got the pics up with the wrong caption or at least it chose the wrong picture that i wanted up but never mind the colourful one that said gado-gado was the hotel we did not stay at!!! we had our jackfruit party at sunset and it was lovely. all the kids of my new friends were there as well as a dutch family that have moved in next door. Ouma and the teenage grandson are sharing the room next to us, then there are 2 girls Rose and Flora. Rose is about eight and her sister about twelve along with mum and dad. we had half a jack fruit between us and the party kept on getting bigger as husbands and nogschleppers all joined in it was so lekker. you learn as you go along and one thing i did not know was that you should oil your knife before cutting a jackfruit as it becomes sticky. it is a most delicious fruit quite scented like a mango in a way but firmer more chewy.

For dinner we had ordered a duck. you have to oder it the day before and when it came we were not
we got the whole duckwe got the whole duckwe got the whole duck

Steamed duck dinner
dissapointed. they called it a steamed duck i would say braised very tasty and of course you get the whole duck by this i mean the head, feet and innerds. terry could be a harris and of course my family know what i mean - he loves to suck the bones like we do!!! (so there toni- you got the juicy bits) the duck came with rice and stir fried spinach (type of green leaf not sure of the name) with chilli very delish and to end a fresh mango from their tree and a cup of tea.

the next day we caught a couple of beemo's to Singarajah town to see the Hardy's Mall which to us was a bit of a dissapointment but when i told my friends on the beach they started exclaiming over the escalator!!! a big deal if you live your life under the tree on the beach. we walked down to the beachfront and through the fishing villages. there was a sailing race on and the sea was filled with boats some paddling as well as trying to sail as the wind was coming in the wrong direction. everyone sitting out on the streets and the houses as small as our shanti's and the people as poor. BUT OH SO FRIENDLY and all wanting you to take their pictures. kids flying their kites, teenagers testing their cocks in a fight, ceremonies taking place in the temples. its all happening.

We have another two days here and then its on to Ubud where the quiet life will be over. hope at least one photo got uploaded it is saying there are two xxlee

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb