Whoops


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Legian
March 3rd 2011
Published: April 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

3rd

12:45 am and that darn alarm is going off again.
Happy birthday to me, hip hip hooray, who‘s silly idea was it to climb Mt Batur . We slowly zombie walked up to the hotel reception, to wait for our transport. Pick up time 130 am . Gede (pronounced like g'day) meet us from Bali Sunrise Trekking and Tours, and soon we are on our way . Gede was great guy we chatted along the way . But at Ubud Miss G didn't feel well . And we should of turned back , but we thought it was just car sickness but we pressed on . Silly move on my behalf , after 13 years of being a single parent I should of listened to that little voice who knows better . We managed to walk around a kilometer or two up Mt Batur and had to turn back . Miss G was getting worse . The drive back was a true shocker we had to stop constantly . Poor bugger , I would of given anything to change places with her . Gede was great , a very kind and professional man . The little bit of the trek I did was good so dark and still just ahead of us was 2 torches of a few more adventurers . It's a shame we didn't manage to reach the top . The weather was nice as well and I think it would of been an excellent view . Next trip to Bali I will email Gede and organise another trip .
Back at the hotel 730am , I got Miss G into the shower and bed she went off to sleep straight away , I hope she is fine when she wakes up . She slept for hours and felt alot better . I guess my birthday will be a bit more relaxed than I thought . Which doesn't matter as long as Miss G was feeling better . She woke up around lunch time feeling 90% better .
Later in the day we got a taxi to see Turika and buy some goods from her shop . It was great catching up , we keep in contact with txt and email . I visit Turika every visit as her shop is fixed price and its just so easy to shop that way instead of bargaining for hours and hours to get around the same price . She is a lovely women and so helpful and trustworthy .
I bumped into a fellow traveller and blogger (lets call her Miss R)on the corner of Jalan Padma and Jalan Padma Utara , had a bit of a chat before we went on our own ways .
We then stopped into the DVD shop which was kind of closed up as the police have been raiding them . But we managed a buy a few . Here's hoping we have no problems leaving Bali .
Back to the hotel and rest for a few hours by the pool and check out facebook and my blog .
By 6 pm we got ready for dinner at Seaside . When the heavens opened up in a big way . We all looked at each other , OMG we all said . We hitched a ride under a staff members umbrella to grab a cad at the front of the hotel . Most of the streets looked like rivers . Just up the road from seaside restaurant our cab came to a holt as another cab was trying to turn around and couldn't . We spent a good 5 or 10 minutes waiting for him when we decided to make a run for it . Stupid idea , all 3 of us running in ankle deep water , along a sidewalk that resembles a goat track . That has holes and drain lids either missing or sticking up in the dark was just madness . Soaked to the bone at seaside what a way to spend a birthday dinner . Seconds after we ordered a bolt of lightning hit something at one end of the restaurant and made everyone jump , and me say a word that started with f and ended with k and it wasn't firetruck . It was so loud . Power went out for a while , great this day was getting worse . I am pleased to say the power came back on and we had a wonderful dinner .
We grabbed a cab to Monica's collection on Garlic lane to pick up our doona covers . We are very pleased with her work again . And we found out Monica is having a baby , so we gave her our blessings .
Then we passed the Rama Garden reflexology on garlic lane , which was recommended by Miss R , as we usually head to Chill . She was right they did a great job we selected the 1 hour foot reflexology aromatherapy , excellent job and only 75000 rp .
Now its time to relax and sip a few bintangs . Selamat minum! (Cheers!).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb