Phew made it!!!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Legian
March 2nd 2010
Published: March 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi everybody

Just as a bit of a warning this is Adam typing so please excuse any grammatical or punctuation mistakes.

Ooooookkkkkkkkaaaaayyyyyyy so a bit has happened already!! In the short time we've been here we've already been robbed, scammed (almost) and spent more than we planned!!! (That rhymes!) But on a lighter note Geena has had her first full beer!!!! WoooHoooo!!!

So we arrived in Bali safe and sound. The flight was fairly uneventfull and getting through customs even more so as the customs official was more interested in what was on his phone than what was in our bag!! We hopped in a taxi and headed off to our hotel that we had booked for the first two nights only to have them tell us we couldn't have our room due to air conditioning problems blah blah blah. But the good news was that they have another hotel 25 minutes away and we could come to some arrangement!! Well we were both a bit sandy about this and in the end he saw our side of the argument and we got our room, with fully operational aircon!!

The next morning we went exploring and to pick up a few things we needed. When we got back to our room we realised that our camera had been lifted from Geenas bag!! GRRRRR, already, on our first day!! So now we have to buy a new camera but at least they are cheaper than at home.

We then went down to the beach to see what it's all about and to be honest, it's pretty shit! The water is a horrible brown colour and the amount of rubbish is unbelievable. So we've spent quite a lot of time in the pool rather than at the beach!

So Kuta hasn't left us with a very good impression so tomorrow we are heading off to Ubud. Not sure what it's all about but Geena wants to go there and at least it's not Kuta.

Talk soon

Love to all

Adam and Geena

Advertisement



3rd March 2010

hey guys, what a bummer that you first day was a let down!! how shit about your camera! studpid theifs! On the bright side, surely anything else now can only get better!! Love you lots have fun in ubud.

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 16; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0767s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb