Bali - we have arrived


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Gianyar
May 14th 2016
Published: May 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hello Kitty PlaneHello Kitty PlaneHello Kitty Plane

Everything on the plane was Hello Kitty...the pillows, the silverware, the chocolate, and yes even the toilet paper.
My mother always said to enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Our journey to Bali was on a 'Hello Kitty' plane. How much more fun can you possibly have! It was a long flight (15 hours) but we slept through most of it and our awake time was spent catching up on movies. This was Patrick's first culture shock experience; we were now the minority. People spoke in their native language and menus and signs were not in English (thank goodness for pictures!). Since we arrived in the late afternoon, we enjoyed the hotel. The pool was beautiful and the beach was simply spectacular; it was my first time on a black sand beach. The following day we went shopping(!!) and also saw a few sights in between.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Driving Bali-styleDriving Bali-style
Driving Bali-style

Bali-style is fitting 3 vehicles abreast into 2 lanes...then adding hundreds of mopeds zipping in between. Oh, did I mention that it is common to fit a whole family of 4 on a single moped.
Only in BaliOnly in Bali
Only in Bali

Who needs a truck! Just tie your cargo to yourself and jump on the moped.
Komune Beach ClubKomune Beach Club
Komune Beach Club

We have arrived at our first Bali hotel. Since Bali is sooo hot, the lobby, restaurants, etc are open air.
Peace and tranquilityPeace and tranquility
Peace and tranquility

Our room was located in a beautiful garden
BeachBeach
Beach

Black sand beach with giant waves crashing. Sunrise and sunset are amazing. Also, lots of surfers come to our beach.
Lounging by the poolLounging by the pool
Lounging by the pool

Drink in hand taking it all in.
Working on the tanWorking on the tan
Working on the tan

Who knew...grandma is a sun goddess


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb