Thy Brothels


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
September 9th 2013
Published: September 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The Video of the Brothels in India was quite intriguing, it was fascinating how life was in the brothels and sad how these people in areas like it lived in despair and disgust. In Born Into Brothels, I had many thoughts about the people living in these awful and their statuses. Especially the few kids that stick along through the whole video. These children that the video watchers get to meet seem so mature for their age. These kids were like 10 years old and their feelings and words were as of one who was of older age. When explaining pictures, some of the children explained the photos they took in depth which really caught my eye since they had like barely any education and were very mature. Maybe something physiological about how they grew up around their families and environment contributed to their adult behavior. With all the violence and different morals set upon the children there unlike families in the U.S. , India's kids seem more fearless and outgoing.What was also very surprising was the carelessness an desperateness of the people. At one point in the story one of the kids mom's was burned to death, and nothing was done about it... Also, When "mother something" helped apply the children boarding, school they asked the grandmother questions and she said that her daughter had had mental problems, and she had lost several of her children.The school specialist didn't have any worry about this mom's situation, as if loosing 5 of your children is normal and could earn you a gold medal. These people in the brothels are so careless and unaware as they are desperate. the women in the brothels aren't employed and there are sex houses so they can earn their coin. All around people seem to try to pickpocket and steal from one another.I wouldn't be surprised if they'd kill for money. These were some ideas they really caught my attention in the film. According to the articles i read about the causes of poverty, the poverty level is so large because of the lack of government intervention to help the public. In the articles its stated how Ms. Begum and Mr. Nazir ragpick to earn the rupees they need to pay for a living. These couple certainty didn't want to choose this type of job, but they were basically forced to since the government is too useless to try to integrate a garbage system, or offer India's people healthcare and homes. Even the wealthiest of people ignore the poor and avoid charity money.Because the government and runners of society just watch the people diminish and don't change for the better, the effect is that poverty is still going to remain a major issue in parts of India as people continue to just ragpick instead of getting garbage for an actual wage, which is the least the government cant even do.There are also ideas described in the PBS video taken in southern India.Here we see the main reasons of how negative influences on the streets and homeless children elaborate the poverty issue. Kids who have either seen their parents die or had never even met them loose hope, and they head for the streets. When they try to get help from the schools reaching out for them they usually just end up back where they started. When the majority society is really messed up and full of wackos, kids will have a tough time deciding between school and streets. It seems that the only way to solve poverty is take away all the bad, which is a very unlikely possibility. After all the time we see help being offered in India, it just seems to look like one circle starting at one point and coming back to where it started. However, the strategies of the father in the PBS video look like a helpful tactic to solving poverty.His schooling organization was really amazing and helpful to bring joy and light into india's people. With programs that are offered to put individuals back on track to being a new, well rounded person, the issue in India can surely but slowly be solved.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb