Edit Blog Post
Published: November 26th 2009
is the largest municipality after Nellore in the Nellore district
in Andhra Pradesh State
in India. Its position on the Grand Trunk road and the east coast railway track (both of which connect Chennai and Kolkata along the east coast) helped its growth, more than the other towns in the Nellore district.
Being located between Nellore District
and Prakasam District
, it shows local cultures and accents of both the districts. It is also well known for the whole sale cloth business in the Coastal Andhra Pradesh One can find a large number of whole sale cloth markets along the most important road in the town, the Grand trunk road which passes right through the city.
A unique rock called Bontha Raayi
found only in this region, which makes this town a unique town in the state Andhra Pradesh.
The name behind Kavali
Kavali in the local tongue, Telugu means patrol. This name arises from the fact that in 1515 Harihara Rayulu
, Udayagiri king stationed his army at this town.
Second Mumbai in cloth market
The Main assets of Kavali are clothes markets the main revenue getting from these fields only. Here many readymade garments are the like Kandukuri, Indipendent, Arc, Spanish, Marvell garments
and etc. Because of very famous for cloth business, Kavali known as Andhra Mumbai / Second Mumbai in cloth market
Famous persons from Kavali
- Father of Andhra Sri. Potti Sriramulu from kavali(Juvvalapalem).
- One of the most famous Telugu actors of yester years, Sri Nagabhushanam ('raktakanneeru' fame) and Sri Rajanala are from this town.
- K.M.K Naidu, good producer who made Telugu movies Duiet, Jaihind many other films from kavali.
- S.V Krishna Reddy teacher L.V Krishna Reddy from this town.
- Heroine Mamatha who has acted in Sunday, Nagamanaidu from kavali.
- Kavali is also home to Ex MP Sri. Magunata Subbarami Reddy
- Famous politicians like Varavararao, Ramadevi came out from Jawahar Bharathi College, Kavali.
- Famous Telugu poet Indraganti Hanumath sastry is also came from Kavali.
- Famous Tollywood music director Ramana Gogula is also one of the gems of Kavali.
Places to be visit
- Sri Prasanna Venkateswaraswami Temple, Konda Bitragunta is very near to Kavali
- Kavali is very near to sea shore. People can find a lighthouse near to Kavali in the village Ramayapatnam which is 14 km from Kavali and is a nice place to visit. However, now days the visitors are not allowed to climb the light house.
- Thummalapenta is very nice sea shore located 7 km from Kavali.
- Kotta Satram also nice beach near to Kavali which is about 10 km.
- Udayagiri Fort located 68 km from Kavali. This is the site of a mighty fortress built by the Vijayanagar kings in the 14 century. A towering peak reaching a height of 994 m (3,261 ft) can be seen here, which is called Sanjiva Hill because a wide variety of medicinal herbs grow on it. Several ancient Pallava and Chola temples, remarkable for their architecture are worth a visit. The fort is located on the hills of Udayagiri. The hill rises to a height of 3,079 ft (938 m) above the sea level. It consists of eleven fortresses, 8 on the hill and 3 below. It covers an area of about seven miles. The existing fortifications reveal Islamic features. It was the stronghold of the Gajapatis of Orissa till Krishna Deva Raya annexed it. During the rule of the Gajapathis and the Vijayanagar Rulers, this Town grew to great splendour. The ruins of 365 Temples found in the Town reflected the sculputure and archetecture of various periods.
- Sufi Saint belonging to the 18th Century. Rahamathulla Nayab Rasool got absorbed in the higher in Udayagiri. Every year the Sandal Festival is celebrated on the 26th of Rabi-UI-Aval month.
Transportation to Kavali
The National Highway 5 (Chennai-Kolkata Highway) passes through this town. The town can be reached from all major south Indian cities like Hyderabad, Chennai or Bangalore by bus.
Kavali Railway Station is on the Ongole-Nellore rail route of the South Central Railways. Train connections include Navjivan Express, Tirupati-Howrah Express, Krishna Express, Vijayawada-Chennai Central Jan Shatabdi Express, Pinakini Express, Hyderabad-Chennai Express, Narayanadri Express and Circar Express. Seat reservation is computerized. Bitragunta Railway Station is the main station next to Kavali. Nellore Railway Station is about 53 km from here. The town can be reached from all major south Indian cities like Hyderabad, Chennai or Vijayawada by train.
Nearest International airport is "Chennai" and domestic airports are "Vijayawada", "Tirupati", & "Chennai"
For more information:
Check this blog http://www.Kavali-awesome.blogspot.com
Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.017s; 1; m:saturn w:www (184.108.40.206); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.4mb