Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
June 12th 2009
Published: June 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Minke & I arrived in Delhi on the 9th, after a very long trip, but we're both so happy to be here 😊 We're staying in the Tibetan quarter, nicknamec mini-kathmandu and called Majnu-ka-Tilla, amongst the buddhist monks, tibetans and other backpackers. The air is so hot and stuffy, and smells of curry and spices. And everything is so colourful and chaotic.
We went for a ride on a cycle rickshaw, but won't be doing it again. Felt so bad, looks so painful for the driver. So are now travelling with auto-rickshaws. I'm also learning to haggle, which is rather difficult but will hopefully get the hang of it! Just have to be forceful.

On the 12th, we met up Jan (my brother's friend) and his friends from Uni. In a Coffee Day (type of Starbucks) we met a really nice guy from the US. So with the four of us went sightseeing. We went to the Bahai Lotus temple, but two hours to early (or too late)...so we decided to go visit a Fort about 10km away, so we took an auto rickshaw and it was amazing! Had a great view of the city from the top of the Fort. Back to the Lotus temple, there was a big queue, but we managed to get in and enjoyed the silence in the big lotus flower shaped building. It's a temple for all religions, and we listened in to some prayers and songs. It was a great experience!

Hope you are all well.
Will write again soon :o)

Hugs,
Ads

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb