In India.....


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
December 7th 2008
Published: December 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post


Our photos should be up now......

We arrive at Bandhavgarh National Park mid afternoon and managed to get a jeep safar in, this was very cool, we got to see barking, spotted and samba deer, elephants and most impressive of all a male tiger! It started of about 80ft away in some tall grass - its lucky they have guys on elephants tracking the tigers or you'd never spot them! We watched for about 10mins why it looked at us and licked itself, once it was satisfied with its self groominh it came down the hill it was up - this was increadible, it was huge, it then decided to sit about 10yards away just starring at us - needless we didn't hang aroung for long, got a snap and shot off! The whole experience was so exciting, never theought seeing an animal could be so exciting! The following day we had two more jeep safari's - sadly no more tigers!

At Bandhakgarh we camped for two nights with no roll mats - so the sleeps weren't great, plus we had dogs and monkeys making all sorts of noises waking is up at like 5 - suppose its better than the sound of cars!

We then spent a night at a really cool lodge - which everyone upgraded from camping to rooms as we arrived there so late and the rooms were really cheap and lovely! On the way here we stopped in Khajuraho to visit the erotic temple! This temple was probably worth the visit without the erotic carvings as it was pretty spectacular, although the images provide a good laugh, group gang bangs, men bummung elephants and all sorts! We had a giggle! The actual temples and grounds we're very nice to!

We left early from our nice rooms with hot water on our journey to Agra! The city a not great, pretty grubby but it has the Taj - which is something else! Amazing! Some devotion of love, its a really impressive piece of architecture, especially at sun rise which is when we saw it! Peter was still feeling ill, and having puked the night before went back to the hotel room to continue his conversation with the toilet and await the doctor! Rox went to see the red fort and stopped at our guides house for breakfast with the group!

Peter saw his second doctor of the whole trip, and the second within the space of 4 days! Extreme Dheli belly! I think our entire supply of dyroltye and immodium have been used! Rox's stomach seems to be holding out (touch wood)!

We left Agra for Jaipur! We had a really cool hotel with really boutiqey rooms, its a heritage building, and has wood panneld library and drawing room - felt like we were sent back in time to the empire! Was a quirky place, there was quite a french influence there to! We had a city tour of Jaipur - the pink city, this was good as we got to see all the pink/ reddish city walls, and the main gates! All the houses within the city wall are also panted pink which made it look cleaner and more modern than some of the other places! We also visited the city place as well as Jantar Mantar which was awsome, its basically a massive ancient astrology lab outside with lots of huge stone sun dials all algned to the different points of the zodiac! There were all sorts of othe instements there, although we couldn't quite decipher what they were for, it was even more spectacular as it was built in 1728 and the largest sun dial is accurate to two seconds! Both me and Rox were increadibly impressed with this place! In the afternoon we even got the chance to get lost in the city which we duly did, went shopping and had McDonalds for lunch (don't knock it - when you've been ill for two weeks its a god send)! This was really nice as it was our first real experience with actually trying to mingle with the local - who are all increadibly friendly and who are all invariably trying to sell you something, but its fine after about 5 mins your used to it, they're all trying to earn a penny! Rox brought some stuff from a street bazaar, then we went to another place and spent about an hour and a half in a shop while Rox tried on all sorts, we brought 9 different things for the same price we brought a few for in the last place - I have a sneaky suspission we were ripped off in the first place (and ill be very surprised if any of it makes it back home still holding together) although it was in relative terms cheap!

We also had a really good guide in the morning that spoke about Indian history and their culture which was very interesting and pretty educational!

We finished off our evening with a nice domino's pizza! Yum! Ready for our drive to Dheli! Funniest night in Dheli. We went for a meal, which turned out to be a joke, trying to get thr bills split for everyone.... It took about half an hour to get the bills, was so crazy, we had to ask like 7 times... When we wanted a beer or water they would send the little waiters running down the street to buy them from the local shop - when they got ther beers to the table and opened them they burst open everywhere.... Its hard to explain the stupidity of it all.... It makes it fun though....

We shopped a bit in Dheli as everything was shut - being a sunday.... Nothing special here apart from our crazy tuk tuk driver, who on our way back from the bazaar was driving down these duel carridge ways with no hands, steering with his knees.....smoking a joint and singing away - nearly crashing...Rox screaming.... When he dropped us of at the hotel he came in so we could get some change to pay him..... The entrance to our hotel is all glass - as he tried to walk out he walked straight into the doors smashing his head - was absolutly hilarious.... When i got to the room i'd realised i'd left my phone in his tuk tuk..... Oh buggar... Rox rang my phone and he answered, luckily i have a lock on it so he couldnt use it, so we offered him money to bring it back, so he did.... He then asked for english money - i gave him 3 pounds, he seemed happy..... He then sat outside and smoked another joint... He was very weird.... Oh well, made for a funny day!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb