rathtambore national park


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
October 28th 2008
Published: October 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

indian jungleindian jungleindian jungle

the views were breath taking.
day 6) we woke up at 8am and caught the local train to rathambore it took 8 hours. we passed the time by playing poker (suprise suprise) with phil and jay., we stayed in a nice hotel it had a pool but the water was dirty ..........ho hum.
glen , phil and i really didnt fancy going to see another fort so we oppted to stay by our dirty pool with a few much deserved beers and listing to our ipods on glens speakers. phil is a DJ and so requested that he was in charge of the music, good job he did or we would never have decorvered the Sugar Hill Gang - white lines & apache they soon became the theme thunes to our tour. we sat in the pool with chilled beers cigs, Baz the beatle and the sugar hill gang playing in the back ground...........bliss.
by the time the others had returned we'd had alot of booze, for the first time on the tour the whole group got drunk together. we danced the night away under the stars.

day7) we were picked up at 6am, it was a bit nippy as the sun was just starting to rise. the bus was a 20 seater open top off roader. i sat at the front. during the safari we ventured deep into the indian jungle, the scenary was breath taking we didnt see any tigers but see plenty of other wildlife - spotted dove,samba deer, spotted deer, mongoose, parrots, monkeys, stags, hawks, storks, wild boar, owl, water buffalo and a few croc's!
Phil and i went on the afternoon safari hoping to spot a tiger while the others went on another tour.we went on a different route to the mornings one. we saw much the same as the morning tho. i really enjoyed the safari's even tho there we'nt any tigers. it was lovely to get out of the chaos of the citys into the pecefullness for a while.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb