Trekup India Har Ki Dun: Untouched Valley of Gods at Uttarakhand


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
January 20th 2022
Published: January 20th 2022
Edit Blog Post

In the heart of Govind Ballabh Pant National Park, Har ki Dun is a cradle-shaped valley at a height of 3566 m. Encircled by snow-capped peaks and lush greenery, Har-ki-Dun is, without a doubt, one of Uttarakhand's most incredible trekking destinations.

Garhwal Himalayas offer spectacular views at Trekup India Har ki Dun Valley. Several trekking excursions are available in this area of India.

Can you do any activities on the Har ki Dun Trek?

As Har Ki Dun is mainly a trek route for adventurers rather than tourists, there is not a lot of sightseeing to be had aside from the abundant natural beauty. A trek of 4 km from Har Ki Doon could take one to Jamdhar Glacier and Morinda Tal.

Har Ki Dun is among those excellent and rewarding treks in Garhwal Himalayas which is giving out the beautiful feel of the cascading waterfalls, snow-capped amazing mountains, and pine and oak forests with the beauty of gushing rivers, streams, as well as rivulets.

Camping is known to be the most amazing experience in the middle of the lap of nature. Under the clear night sky, setting up a tent with friends is a great way to relax and rejuvenate after a long day. One of the extraordinary views of Himalayas can be seen at the Har ki Dun during the night time.

One will encounter hamlets and villages that are inhabited by indigenous communities along the way. Discover the rustic way of life, customs and culture of villages situated in the lap of nature, such as Osla, Sankri, etc.

Har ki Dun is a photographer's paradise with its diverse flora and fauna. Take photos of the amazing sights you see in front of you as you watch the beautiful birds.

Frequently Asked Questions about Har ki Dun Trek

Har ki Dun Valley reaches a maximum height or altitude of what?

The highest point of Har ki Dun Valley is 3566 meters (11500 feet).

How much does the Har ki Dun Trek cost on average?

The average cost of the trekking Har ki Dun from Sankri ranges as in between Rs 8000 to Rs 15000 per person for around six night tour and roughly around Rs 9000 to Rs 18000 for the maximum even night tour.

Would you be able to rent us trekking gear, tents, and shoes for Har ki Dun Trek?

In the winter, when the terrain is snowy, you can get trekking poles (sticks), jackets, and other things for the Har ki dun trek. Sankri has a few shops that rent out equipment.

We are on a shoestring budget. Will Har ki Dun be affordable?

As an alternative, if you are on a very tight budget, you can look into the Har ki Dun Tours offered by the YHAI (Youth Hostel Association of India). The Har ki Dun valley trekking tours and programs are offered by YHAI at low prices.

During what time of year you should visit Har ki Dun Valley trek?

Har ki Dun trekking is much ideal during the season of summer (from April to June) and after the monsoon (from the months of September to December). During the season of winters, you can even enjoy snow trekking in the place of Har ki Dun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.646s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.2611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb