A S**t Blog


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
March 1st 2019
Published: March 3rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

We gave a heads up in a previous blog that we would do a Shit Blog, and here it is.

Everywhere we have been in India so far there has been lots of Shit - in all shapes, sizes, colours, freshness and sloppiness, and we have accumulated a number of brief, poo- related tales.

Rather than drop them in to individual blogs we have pulled them together into one faeces-related post.

You'll be pleased to know that most of them come without photos !

? No photo - On day 3, whilst walking through a central touristy area of Delhi, and using a rear, connecting street, albeit fairly busy and with some shops, we passed an area where there was pavement and a raised area alongside high enough to sit on and place feet on pavement. It was a good 30 feet or so long. Sat on here was a youth, looking down at his phone. He could have sat anywhere along the 30 foot available but had chosen to sit such that his feet were placed either side of a, what looked to be fairly fresh, dog turd! Why?

? See photos - Travelling from Karauli to Ranthambore and back over the 2-3 days we have seen many piles of freshly shaped cow-dung pats, drying out or being stacked in imaginative ways. It is also clear that these are not collected. They are too even for that. Places also have dung piles, so someone has to be moulding these into the correct size and shape for drying. Our guide Abi tells us they are used for fuel, and he claims that the best chapattis are those baked over a dung fire!

? No photo - At the Karauli camel market Pip saw one of the itinerant ladies going around the site with a bucket picking up camel dung with her bare hands.

? See photo - Although on our first tiger hunt drive we only caught the worse possible sight of a tiger, the park guide was able to show us a pile of fresh-that -day tiger dung.

? No photo - Aside from the number of times we have seen men relieving themselves in the open - and we are talking village, town and city streets not just a quick treeside stop in the country - 3 or 4 times in the villages we have seen young children squatting and pooing whilst a parent looked on.

? No photo - Yes there is dog - and cow, and pig .... - poo everywhere, but on the camel cart ride back to our hotel in Karauli we saw a dog on a tin roof leaving a deposit.

? No photo - Walking through Karauli Paul saw a dog enthusiastically devouring the runny contents of a thrown into the street disposable nappy. Dog petting not recommended over here!

? No photo - Paul got shat upon by a bird from a tree whilst walking in Delhi , with said poo going down front of his cap and down front of his tshirt.

? No photo - Pip managed to put her foot in a fresh pile of runny camel poo in Karauli.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb