5 Best Places To Visit In Punjab


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
September 26th 2018
Published: September 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Punjab isn't just another northern state known for its fertile land. It is infact, the bearer of Indian culture, bravery and history. The State of Five Rivers has witnessed several religious movements, has a lively Indian culture and serves the best food. People here are simple and full of life. For those who have ever lived in Punjab fall in love with the state, and for others, it is a must visit place atleast once in a lifetime. Here are the 5 Best and Must visit places in Punjab that every traveler to should go to at least once in his lifetime.



1- Golden Temple, Amritsar:

The Golden Temple situated in Amtitsar is a must visit for everyone atleast once in life. The Gurdwara attracts pilgrims from all over the world. It is one of the most serene places on the Earth. And for the religious people, it is a heaven. Amritsar is the religious capital for Sikhs. Golden Temple witnesses thousands of footfalls everyday. It is a must visit place on Diwali because they say 'Daal Roti Ghar Di, Diwali Ambarsar Di' for a reason! Not only that, Amritsar is also very famous place for shopping.



2- Jallianwala Bagh, Amritsar:

Amritsar is not just a religious city but also gives you the patriotic feels. Jallianwala Bagh is just few steps away from Golden Temple. The history dates back to 13 April 1919 when General Dyer open fired at the crowd of Indians who were assembled at the place. The bullet marks on the walls and the well in which people drowned themselves to save themselves from the brutality of Britishers will take you back to the date and will make you realise the struggle for freedom.



3- Wagha Border, Amritsar:

As mentioned above, the city of Amritsar will fill your heart with the sense of patriotism. You won't need 15th August or 26th January to say 'Vande Matram' and feel proud to be Indian, because at Wagha Border, every day is Independence Day. Amritsar shares the border with Pakistan and is known as Wagha Border. Every day, the soldiers of both the nations perform parade before sunset and the flag lowering ceremony is held. The patriotic songs, the chanting of 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' and 'Vande Mataram' and the sight of border will make you realise that how proud you are as an Indian.



4- Rock Garden, Chandigarh:

The Rock Garden in Chandigarh was created by Artist Nek Chand who made use of industrial and urban waste to create beautiful sculptures. It took him 20 long years to create over 2,000 statutes in the 25 acre land. The art work is worth falling for! While you are in Chandigarh, you should also pay a visit to Sukhna Lake for some picturesque view and some cool breeze.



5- Anandpur Sahib:

Anandpur Sahib is just 2 hours away from capital city, Chandigarh. It was the birth place of Khalsa and that is why an important pilgrimage place for Sikhs. The best time to visit is during Vaisakhi so that you can witness the lively celebrations of the festival. The place also witnesses one of the most happening Holi across the nation.



So, when are you planning your vacation to Punjab?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.603s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1817s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb