Two days inDelhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
September 10th 2018
Published: September 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

......is enough for me!

Arrived after not the best night flight ever and late departure and arrival. I slept a lot, had a wander, slept some more and had early night.

Next day a personal trip with a guide to see all things Gandhi. Really interesting. The building he was assassinated in is kept as a shrine with concrete footsteps marking out his final walk to his prayer seat. Quite moving. Also saw the blood stained clothing and the bullet that lodged in his clothes.

My group is only 7 from New Zealand, US and U.K. but best of all there is a guy who is from Accrington which is about 2 miles from where I was brought up! His Lancashire accent is so strong I’ll be coming home speaking like that myself!

Today a disappointing visit to the Jama Masjid (Muslim mosque) where we ladies had to don a garment made of synthetic fabric which covered all! What a sweat box! We ladies all came out quite quickly. Next visit so much more spiritual as we went to the Sikh temple Sheeshganj Gurudwara. It is a beautiful building full of beautiful people who actually liked the foreigners! So many photos of us with their families. The sitting during prayers was like meditation. The Sikhs are so generous and there is a kitchen and dining room for anyone to eat in for free . All food is contributed and cooked by volunteers.

Very excitingly we travelled on the Metro which has ladies only carriages.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Sikh GurdwaraSikh Gurdwara
Sikh Gurdwara

Volunteers making roti by the hundred!


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb