"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies" -Mother Teresa


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Kolkata
June 9th 2012
Published: June 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It has been awhile and I apologize for that- everyone is doing great and cannot believe how fast this trip is going. We have completed our stay in Kolkata and are currently in Goa with one of the other Creighton groups- it is a much needed weekend of relaxation.<span><span> Kolkata was a crazy, beautiful, intense, dirty, poor, and historical city.<span> While in Kolkata we worked with the Mission of Charities- Mother Teresa House; it was not only a life changing experience, but a very individualized one at that.<span> For that reason I am not going to be the voice for the group, but over the next few days have each member blog their own personal experience while in Kolkata so you can get a different perspective from each one of us.

On another note, our last two days in Kolkata we decided to go on a Jungle adventure to the Sunderban Jungle- home to over 300 Bengal tigers, crocodiles, king cobras, and other crazy animals.<span> We slept on the deck of a boat in the middle of a river and even went for a little swim.<span> It was great to not only get away from the buzz of a large city for the first time, but also see rural India first hand.<span> Everyone else will comment on this too, but I just want to say that I was in heaven in the middle of this jungle- we were not lucky enough to see a tiger, but just knowing we were surrounded by such a large number of wild tigers was a chilling and amazing thought.<span> Lots more to come over the next few days!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb