update


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Kolkata
March 17th 2010
Published: March 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So i went to haridwar helping a devotee carry a big bag full of audio recording equipment (wires, metal...) it was really heavy.
for the purpose that we were going there our team leader wanted us to appear as journalists so i had to buy some pants and shoes, i couldn't find any shoes my size so i had to buy reboks for $30, i found some nice pants for 400 rupees only. this was in new delhi paharganj district.
by the time we got to haridwar my mind is boiling because it's hot and i'm carrying all this equipment and i'm feeling taken for granted, not a good combo, i didn't want to be around anyone and the only shelter i could take was chanting maha mantra.
the next day i put my pants on and squat and blow the ass out, great, i love india everything is such great quality i wonder why it's so inexpensive.....
oh and that person who i went to help is always making everyone late and the last one to leave, forgetting things... i can't tolerate cause i'm attached to helping that person as my 'seva' but i want to be a part of the main group and actually get stuff done, too bad for me.
for some reason i had a progressively more painful sinus headache (having to do with pressure says the doctor) and my patience is getting shorter as my pain increases, and i am having to deal with this person who is indecisive, is going back and forth running 10 steps here changing mind and running another 20 the opposite direction only to decide to go with the original plan.
i vocally lost my temper a couple times and decided to just walk off and leave the situation (i stayed with the group though) otherwise i was about ready to throw the person off the bridge into the ganga with expensive electronics and all.
*Note, this is a text version of my 'vocal vomit' i just need to say stuff but don't feel like putting anybody through this onslaught in person*
before i left haridwar that devotee who had all that equipment that was necessary for recording sent me back with 80% of what i carried up there as it was 'not necessary for the job' so i think my serving position has been promoted to pack mule. i hope my ego soon follows suit.

however, because of the mercy of that devotee i was able to go to haridwara during kumbh mela and bath in beautiful mother ganga, whos beauty is beyond words, and have some far out experience.
i have more to write about this but not time, i will soon go back and write in the comments some highlights of the experience in haridwar.


i'm now in kolkata, i'll stay for a week or two doing some seva and than go back to nabadwip. gurudeva is here but i really don't like kolkata, i have no necessity to being here so unless told to stay i will go nabadwip.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb