Darjeeling


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Darjeeling
June 20th 2012
Published: December 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We departed Kolkata today. Gautam drove us to the airport.Kezia accidentally left her Iphone on the backseat of the car. We had entered the airport and Gautam chased us down to return the Iphone. What a guy! We flew from kolkata to Bagdora which was a very interesting airport. We had to wait an hour for Kezia who was on a later flight, so we set Marco and Nikki playing cards while lou and I were lucky enough to find a cafe that sold cold "Kingfisher" beer. We thoroughly enjoyed these refreshments as the weather was still extremely humid and the airport had only fans. We hired an airconditioned car and driver and commenced our 3 hour drive up the mountains to Darjeeeling. It was a beautiful scenic, mountainous drive but the roads are rugged.We appreciated the cooler weather in Darj and we loved our accomodation at the "Windamere Hotel" which was once a boarding house for British Tea planters. It felt like we were up in the clouds. The first night we walked around the markets, which are colourful and interesting. Dogs everywhere which Nikki was petrified of, One dog was provoked and started growling at this man with a stick, which sent Nikki runnuing hysterically into a shop, much to the amusement of the local Indians!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb