11-11-11 Kundalini Yoga Festival


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Rishikesh
November 8th 2011
Published: November 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The yoga festival has been amazing. There are people from all over the world. I've met people from Belgium, South Africa, Australia, Finland, Sweden, and of course the US, just to name a few. The festival was organized through a yoga studio in Los Angeles, so there are mostly Americans here. We rise up every morning at 3:30 am to go to 4:00 am sadhana, which is the morning yoga practice to start the day. After breakfast, the days events start with another yoga class, and maybe a meditation or lecture. The afternoons are less strenuous with artists performing their kundalini music. Some of the most popular performers I know through the kundalini practice are here, so it's wonderful to see them up close and in this setting.

All the activities are in a large covered tent right on the Ganges river. It's wonderful to hear the water running by all day long. The source of the Ganges is up in the Himalayas, so the water here is fairly clean. I even dipped my feet into the water one day since it is so accessible just on the other side of the tent and done four short steps - amazing.

This journey has been an amazing dream so far, and the festival is only half over! We will be leaving the ashram right after the final breakfast on the 12th, and heading to Amritsar. I may be able to make one more entry before I go.

Pictures to follow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb