Hello from India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Rishikesh
September 11th 2008
Published: September 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone (or Namaste as everyone here seems to say!)

I hope you are all well and happy. Just thought I'd write a quick note to say we've made it to India!

We arrived in Delhi on Monday morning and left on Tuesday afternoon, having seen as much as we wanted to - it really is as hot, busy, noisy and dirty as everyone says!

We have now retreated to Rishikesh in the foothills of the Himalayas which we thought might be a little cooler but is just as hot and dirty although a little less busy and noisy than Delhi! Here we have enjoyed views of the Ganges from the terrace outside our room, eaten a few good (vegetarian) curries, been woken by drums, chanting and motorbike horns every morning (even with ear plugs!), and are already used to the cows that wander along the streets browsing the shops and foraging in the gutter for a tasty morsel of cardboard.

Tomorrow we are off to the real mountains for a 3 day trek to the Valley of the Flowers and back. Today we have been saving our energy and relaxing with banana lassis in cafes by the river. It's a hard life but someone's got to do it!

Lots of love
Kirst and Tim xx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb