Indiahhhh...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Rishikesh
April 1st 2007
Published: April 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hari Om!

A couple of nights ago we took the sleeper (HAH!) bus overnight from McLeod Ganj. When we got in to town, half asleep, pretty groggy, and feeling generally disgusting after such a long ride, the conductor yelled out DEHRA DUN! BUS STAND! ILLEGAL PARKING GET OUT! He shooed out all of the toursits and then the bus took off, leaving us standing in the middle of the road, with no bus stand in sight. We managed to find the bus stand that was a few blocks away, but of course, there were no buses to Rishikesh. After haggling with a Rickshaw driver and with the help of a girl we met on the bus, we found our way to the real bus stand and were quickly on our way to Rishikesh.

Being "back in India" is a treat. There are Indians here, good, cheap Indian food, and best of all, more yoga than we can shake a stick at. While trekking around McLeod Ganj, I met an Australian guy who seemed to know his yoga pretty well. He suggested a really good little yoga school that is not in Lonely Planet, and generally unadvertized. After having a good nap and some pakoras, we went to check it out.

I have to say that it was probably the most ideal introduction to yoga that I could have wanted. He brought us to a rooftop overlooking the Ganga, where we went through all of the basic postures while prayers wafted down from the ashrams upstream. The best part was, there were only 3 of us so we got lots of one on one help.

Since that evening we have been going back twice a day...thats four hours of yoga every day! We basically spend our days recuperating and trying to stay cool...laying around reading in the shade, washing off karma in the Ganga, and eating scrumptious fresh mangoes and 75 cent thalis.

What more can I say? Life is good.

Peace and love.

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti.

Advertisement



1st April 2007

So at peace it sounds. That makes me happy. Yum, those mangos sounds extremely delicious. Anyways, always exciting to hear about the adventures. Until next time... =D have fun!!
15th April 2007

Namaste
Hi Danika. Good to read all the news of great travels and look forward to hearing more when you're here in mid-May. Enjoy the rest of the trip. Andy J.
29th April 2007

The essential yoga found? Although the transition may have been anything but smooth, you seem to have now submerged into the spirit of India—the piece of mind that transcends its material third world status. Breathe it in. My thoughts are with you.

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.08s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb