Tungnath Chopta


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Haridwar
April 19th 2010
Published: April 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I recently visited Tungnath ji alongwith my wife. One of my friend suggested this place, i was little worried going to a place with knowing much about this.
I Booked my ticket (Train) Sleeper to Haridwar. We boarded the train Mussoorie express and reached next day at 5 o'clock. A rickshaw ride from the station to Har ki paudi cost 30 rs and 15 minutes. We had a holy bath in the river ganges and took a trolly to reach Mansa deviji. This completed our haridwar trip and we proceeded to bus stand that cost us Rs 30 and 20 minutes. Luckily a deluxe bus was waiting there to move. We boarded the bus at 1130.

This took 4 hours to reach Rudraprayag. We came to know through the conductor that the same bus is going to chopta. We were extremely happy to hear that and got our ticket extended till chopta. This took three hours to reach chopta. We got off from the bus and saw a tea stall, we went there to relax but this was shocking to find out that this chopta was not the one we went for and moreover there was no place to stay. People came out of their shops to enquire. They were really helpful and this was getting dark. There was a supply van. People helped us to board that. We came back to rudraprayag, found a hotel and stayed overnight there.

Next morning at 0630, there was bus going to Ukimath, we boarded the bus and took 3 hours to reach ukimath. From Ukimath, we had to hire a cab to reach chopta this cost us 1500 rs. After reaching chopta, we started treakking to Tungnathji temple. Tungnathji temple is associated with lord shiva. Basically tungnathji means shoulder of Shiva. This was relatively easy trek for people who are frequent trekker. This took 3 hours to reach to the top and 1 hour to come back. We had an option of going to Chandrashila, but keeping my wife's condition in mind I decided to skip that. The ice was melting during that period. People who want to see the snow must visit between october to feb. People going for Darshan must visit May- sep.

This is not advisable to go without planning the itinerary in advance. I managed to do because I am a travel professional.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb