Road to recovery with a few bumps along the way...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Haridwar
February 28th 2008
Published: February 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well I guess everyone is wondering how Leanne was on the 10hr overnight bus trip. The good news is Leanne was fine and slept most of the trip but on the other hand Matt came from behind and trumped Leanne with a trip spent largely hanging out the window with carefully placed toliet stops every 3 hrs. A new experience but one that would rather be forgotten and not repeated.
We finally arrived in Haridwar at 5am and checked into the nearest hotel to sleep and recover. We are now dosed up on antibiotics and rehydration sachets and feeling much better.
Haridwar is an Idian tourist center with many pilgrims coming to bath in the Ganges and light small burning paper and bamboo boats as offerings to the gods. Very interesting and amazing to see how large and fast flowing the Ganges are.
We have booked our onward train back to Delhi tomorrow at 6am where we hope to connect to Agra and see the Taj Mahal.


Advertisement



28th February 2008

The Ganges have nothing on the mighty Manawatu River!
28th February 2008

Oh!
K and I have just been reading your post-Delly-belly comments as we sit safely but boringly at home. We admire and envy you - such an amazing if churning experience
29th February 2008

Hey guys...all sounding fun (well most parts) check Mats facebook re comment from someone in Dubai...you were in a newspaper apparently??? - Helen xx
29th February 2008

Was it not possible carry anything to purify that water - too late now - I quess it had to get you at some point. Like being in Australia - not Australian until you've eaten a fly. Not Indian until your stomach and innards rebel. This weekend you will be at the Taj Mahal and Joan and I will be at Gov house eating cucumber sandwiches! I take it you didn't dip in the holy water of the Ganges. Your trek sounds as good if not better than if you'd gone to Nepal.

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb