Maybe we weren't meant to leave just yet.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Lucknow
December 13th 2008
Published: January 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Mom,DadMom,DadMom,Dad

How come you didnt put me into a school that looks like THIS!?
Lucknow has been full of wonderful surprises!

TOTALLY DELICIOUS FOOD: Roomali rotis (paper thin breads), mutton kebabs (for the carnivores), raita, rogan josh (more lamb meatiness) and tandoori chicken. The little tip we got from an American/Indian dental student---Dastarkwan and Tunday Kebab sent Guillaume into a euphoric eating FRENZY!

FANTASTIC SIGHTS:The fabulously designed fantasy school, La Martiniere. Looks like Hogwarts school for witches and wizards. Fully equipped with giant lion statues perched high above the entrance (no longer with smoke pouring out of their mouths when the furnace is turned on, as it scared the locals) and great cannons seemingly protecting the well uniformed young school boys below.
Also we stopped by the Bara Imambara. A crumbling old tomb, with gorgeous archways, a magnificent mosque and also featuring a frustratingly complicated labyrinth.
As the capital of the province of Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow has large buildings and wide streets. Makes a quite shocking contrast to where we just spent out last week;Varanasi.
With our train being...10 hours late already, we are not sure when exactly we will be leaving. Though Im pretty sure that we will have another chance to indulge in the Lucknowi cuisine!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

WowWow
Wow

From another fantastic view point.
Of courseOf course
Of course

Upon our entry we were swarmed by masses of school boys who wanted to pose with us and ask us "How do you do?" It was a ball of laughs.
Demand of Tongue?Demand of Tongue?
Demand of Tongue?

Just wanted to let you guys in on some of the comedic pleasure that restaurants can provide.
Dastarkwan DelightDastarkwan Delight
Dastarkwan Delight

Jasmine and Guillaume anxiously awaiting their meaty dishes to arrive.
Chicken ManChicken Man
Chicken Man

Guillaume was ready to ditch me in a heartbeat.
Um, seriously?Um, seriously?
Um, seriously?

It actually needs to be put into writing.
ImpressiveImpressive
Impressive

The Bara Imambara. And Guillaume.
Lucky UsLucky Us
Lucky Us

It was a good thing that our train was delayed otherwise we never would have visited this place.
From Inside the LabyrinthFrom Inside the Labyrinth
From Inside the Labyrinth

I completely lost Jasmine and Guillaume and found myself alone, in the hallways with Indians who found it incredibly funny to hide behind pillars and whisper in Hindi. Creeeeepy.
Tunday KebabTunday Kebab
Tunday Kebab

Famous for Mutton Kebabs.


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb