Taj Mahal


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
August 21st 2010
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 26.9847, 78.1019

We saw it and we got the photo!
The Taj was breathtaking. It very much lived up to expectations and I am thrilled that I've been able to witness its beauty. We even had a good view of the Taj from our hotel bedroom.
Agra itself is terrible, with the most vicious of street hawkers we'd encountered so far. It's a shame, as lots of what they were trying to sell was really beautiful. We just ended up feeling cross a lot of the time. Most disturbing were the terribly persistant children. A whole new generation of uneducated hastlers. Bill brought a camel whip, probably to tame the hawkers with! Lots of people were always chewing something, then spitting out black pieces of grass. We decided that it would be best to be a fly in India, perhaps the only creature who lives freely. Many Indians don't believe in killing any animal. However, lots of them seem to have nothing against prolongued suffering, as evident in the camels and horses kept near the Taj. A bull would be another option. There is no doubt about it, if a bull is on the road (which they often are) they ALWAYS have right of way!




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Monsoon rainMonsoon rain
Monsoon rain

This was our view of India the vast majority of the time!


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb