Dashing around in Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
February 21st 2013
Published: February 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Bet you weren't expecting us back this quickly!! Well we had to pay for an hour and it doesn't take that long to check your emails now does it! Mind you what a first afternoon in Delhi. Picked up by a crazy rickshaw driver who offered to take us to The Red Fort for 100 rupees and 2 hours later not only had we seen this great piece of ancient architecture we had also been through most of the bazaar, seen a tiny but gorgeous and ancient temple tucked away in the backstreets, had a tour of the spice market literally from the groundfloor to the roof; had a go at making red chilli paste, bought a serious stock of spices to bring home, run over an unfortunate pedestrian's foot, learned several new Indian oaths and probably escaped serious injury several times by the width of an inner tube!! At the end of all that he wanted 300 rupees - we gave him 500 and felt we'd still had the better end of the deal.

We ended the day with a super buffet in the hotel where we could try lots of different dishes- yummy- although we did wonder if we were going to get this deal as no-one seemed to know about what exactly we had booked- good old internet!!!

Up early tomorrow for grand Golden Triangle Tour- Agra and Jaipur here we come!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb