Blog No 3


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
February 5th 2009
Published: February 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from India!!! Again

Thanks so much for your messages they make our day. Much love.

Hey guys and family, right now we are sitting in a little cafe on the high street of Agra, we got up at the crack of dawn this morning (and tried to get packed during a power cut!)all to visit the Taj Mahal at sunrise and well.........it was so worth it it was ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT!!! you can see why it is a wonder of the world!!! (Pictures to come) We were amazed as we walked into the grounds, its breathtaking, nobody would think a building would have such an affect!!! Everyone should visit this place at one time in their lives.

Anyway enough of the boring stuff...

We got to the jungle (reluctantly) and thank god didn;t see any tigers roaming! i didn't sleep a wink that night!! Only stayed one night then off to Udaipur (where they filmed James Bond film Octopussy). We stayed in Udaipur for 2 nights it was a lovely hotel with hot water on tap!!!! luxury!!! We soon got the place sussed out by finding a little caged up alcohol store that sold a bottle of rum for 50p!!! yes 50p!!! Helen is still going on about the cheapness!! and her indian cigarettes...10p for 27...you can take the girl out of the fens but cant take the fens out of the girl!!

We also discovered a little shack selling THE best veg chow mein ever!! (Helen told me to write that they were 30p each!) As you can see Udaipur was all about the culture and sights, we did sqeeze in a visit to a temple here amoungst the alcohol and grub!!

We then set off for a place called Bundi. We went off the beaten track and found a cave temple and a waterfall. As always the wildlife was ever present......yes another animal encounter occured but this time it was my turn!!! and not with a cow but with two lovemaking monkeys!!! I was just minding my own business once again and all of a sudden, they stopped doing what they were busy doing and began to lunge for me hissing and showing their teeth! Unlike before when i fled I just froze and did a Helen!! I thought they were gonna go for me!! luckily an Indian man saw and threw stones to get them away. Phew!
Helen sometimes decides to wonder off in her own exploratory direction and this time she entered into a small hut in the temple grounds to find a naked face painted Guru being massaged by his tribe whist holding a spear! she did not know where to look!! she apologised but they didn't seem bothered and invited her in for a tea....which she declined!!
We then endured an 11hr journey from Bundi to Agra (where we are now) which was ok untill the final hour!! I got to grips with the free for all driving techniques in the day but by night is a different story!! I had no nails left by the end! Helen was completely oblivious and fairly relaxed about it all...i definately was not.

So our train departs tonight at 9pm from Agra and arrives in Varanasi (to see the Ganges) at 6.20am tomorrow morning, so a good kip is in need i think.

Speak to you all soon. As always love and miss you. Laura and Helen x x x x


Advertisement



8th February 2009

ooerr
hi love the blog will try and let service users see at work keep up the cheap drinking x
9th February 2009

hi guys
You both sound like your having fun. Helen you seem to have lost a bit of weight already. Everthing is good at the centre although without you its a little dull :( It's been snowing heavy here so there are tonnes of snowmen dotted round Derby. Hope you both have a great adventure cant wait for next blog to find out where you are next. I'll just have to keep smoking my expensive roll ups lol. Love kim x

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb