2 weeks taxi with Dave in India - Much cheaper than England!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
July 7th 2008
Published: July 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello all ... Think i will keep this one brief as got much more to write about from Nepal, which is where i am now. Will write about Nepal in a few days time so keep your beedy eyes out for that one!!

OK - Dave arrived in Delhi on Monday June 30th - Definatley the most random place we have met up. Wanted to cram in as much as week could so book a taxi for 12 days to take us to Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Pushkah, Agra and finally get a night train to Varanasi. Private taxi was cool, driver was called Pappu, he was mid 40's but bit of a dude. Loved his country but also knew what was wrong with it. He was always asking if we wanted beer!! His driving was great, alot of the journeys hook 7/8/9 hours and he would start off fine but about every hour and half his driving would become all erratic - So would have a cup of tea and be totally fine again for the nexr hour and a half. We nearly bought him a flask as a present. Tea seems to make people tick in India, it is like a drug, they get withdrawal simptoms if do not have a cup atleast every 2 hours.

All cities in India take no more than 2 days max to see and that is sometimes stretching it out. Not alot to say about most of them, they were pretty and had temples or Forts etc to see. Agra is where the Taj Mahal is - The day before we arrived it was voted the World's Greatest Monument for second year running - It is smaller than i thought it would be and honestly was slightly underwhelmed but can see why people like it but from the number one place to visit i expected more. The town is a shit hole as well with TLF's everywhere (Thieving little fuckers) these are the people who just want your money. One said to me "buy this", i said "no" then he said well "just give me the money then" in a totally serious manner.

Anyway, Varanasi is where Dave and i split, 2 days there then he got train to Delhi for flight home and i got bus to Nepal. Got sun burn in Varanasi. It was roasting hot so jumped into another hotels swimming pool and came out 2 hours later a shade of lobster pink.

Sorry this one has not been as interesting or funny as the others but Nepal chapter will be a good one, trust me on that so stay tuned.

Hope all is well!!

Marky

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb