Agra


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
May 13th 2007
Published: May 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Train to AgraTrain to AgraTrain to Agra

Trains have never been the same since the privatisation!
Up at 3:30 this morning for a 5:00 train to Agra (great lie in...). Major confusion ensued as our ticket wasn't 'confimed' and wasn't sure quite what that meant and we couldn't find the platform. We also had plush seating arranged but after trapsing through the carriages that were clearly not designed for 2 beak toting rucksack wearers we elected to sit anywhere. Even the locals we asked couldn't find our carriage and we only had to move once. Must have been karma or something though as we didn't have to pay for the tickets...

Arrived at Agra at 9:30. We competely forgot to arrange tomorrows train ticket as we were busy fending off yet more 'helpful' drivers. Managed to get to the pre-paid auto rickshaw booth relatively unscathed and secured a driver by the name of KK. He's now been with us all day (bless him), it's now 16:30 and we haven't actually seen the Taj Mahal yet! Although we have seen lots of nice side views and distance shots...

Just about to head of for another beer (curry and beer for lunch, mmm) and going to see the Taj at sunset. Hang on, it's dark, I've taking too long writing this damn blog, bloody nerds...

Advertisement



13th May 2007

YOU GREAT GAYS......
Hello Beaky Bummers, Looks like you are bungling your way through india quite well......not like you bondy, things are usually tip top on the organisation front. Can we have some reports regarding curry sampling please?
14th May 2007

Blimey Beaksters!!
Hey! Well thought I would drop a comment in before I jet off in a couple of days (poor Ang!) Sounds as though it has been quite an adventure already so far!! Hope you got to the Taj on time and didn't just see it in the darkness! The temperature seems to be taking its toll as it seems you are requiring lots of alcoholic refreshments! Well, hope you manage to find your way to the next stop without too much bother! Looking forward to reading your updates! Take care, Kim :o)
15th May 2007

Hi Leighton!
Hi Leighton, Angela sent us the link to this site, so we could keep an update on your travels~ Seems like you're having a good time there! Not sure where you're going but will you go to Calcutta? I mentioned to my Indian friend you're there and she said she'd be more than happy to show you around if you go. I guess you're having another beer or curry now, makes me very hungry when I read that! So going to leave office now for dinner, how's it compare to the one's in Swindon?! Anyway, hope you and Darren have a safe trip and try and post some photos as well or send some later!
17th May 2007

Great Bowling
Greetings Mushtaq and Tapash! Sounds like a quality start with plenty yeast! Leight, you must be seriously sweaty in that heat mate, i can whiff it from here!

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb