taj mahal and illness :-(


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
February 27th 2007
Published: February 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hello all,

i asm writing this from agra, in uttar pradesh, the location of the wonderful Taj Mahal. We moved on from Rajasthan on monday, we caught the bus for a whopping 7 hours from Jaipur. In Jaipur we were staying at the Jaipur inn but to our amusement we found that we werent actually staying in the hotel but in the temporary dormitary, in the end it worked out fine and acted as a good base to see the city.

WE managed to get to the impressive city palace and the observatory though stupidly didnt gt a get so we didnt really know what we were looking at but it was interesting all the same. we also got to a subway sandwch place, which most of us feasted upon at least once.

Before that we completed our project and managed to get all the tasks set completed, benches, electrics and paitintings in particular were fantastic! Thanks to some closet artists in the group we drew a world map on the wall with several images from across the globe. We left wit a closing ceremony which was very rewarding all the kids were so happythat we had visited and helped and it was a fitting finale.

We got up early today for persnally, the undoubted highlighte of the trip so far, the Taj. Despite extensive reading on the mausoleaum and seeing thousands of pics of the monument it took my breath away. Its quite simply awesome. We got up for sounrise and caught the Tj in several different lights. i hope to gret some of my amazing pics up soon but it may take a while as fas computers are few and far between.

n the titl i have included the word illness this may sound dramatic so dont panic mr manarin. i thik i have the flu as after thismornings excersions i had to go straight back to bed feeling achey and have done ever since. Spoke to the leader and he said it was common so should be ok after some good kip.

Hope all is well back in england (and wales)
Love Ben
xxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb