Lyjee, The Taj and the infamous 'delhi Belly'


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
February 19th 2007
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, we made it through our second Indian train Journey which was meant to arrive at 6am and didnt pull into Agra until 11:30....the good old Indian transport system!

Settling in to 'Shanty Lodge' (very basic) we explored the red fort and after torrential rain and heavy flooding (was it monsoon season???) the sun peared its little head though the clouds fining up for our visit to the Taj Mahal.

Many of you Londonites might remember Lyjee, our pet lion who frequented big events and clubbing nights out. Originally from a tribe in prague our pet Lion has travelled the world feeling a little inomplete until we mentioned that we were visiting the Taj. After a long stint in the back of clare's backpack, we combed his mane and polished his bell ready for the big event......it was a roaring success (pardon the pun), Lyjee has not stopped grinning!

After the Taj and the red fort had been visited (Agra = tick) we headed on another train journey to Delhi where the infamous Delhi Belly reared its ugly head and shot down BOTH 'iron guts Morahans'. The only thing I saw in Delhi was the inside of the toilet bowl....clare lasted a little longer than me...but she too could not resist the lure of Dehli's finest Porceline bowl.....

We are now off to Rishikesh, at the foot of the himalayas to do a 3 day yoga/meditation course with all of the hippy-la-la's!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



20th February 2007

Delhi girls
Hi Girls....Can't wait for the next instalment of you journey. I imagine you travelling Bollywood style. Hope the Yoag is great - but if one of you puts on orange clothes, will the other one please knock some sense into her! See you in July Frannie
20th February 2007

Delhi Girls
Hola girls, No orange clothes - just Yoga poses. Have fun
23rd February 2007

Hey, Just been to the Midas for 3 beer Friday : 0 ) You should be here! Hope you're having a brilliant time..... xoxoxox
28th February 2007

Splashback's a killer!
Enjoyable reading M-Snr and M-Jnr.. Keep on keepin' on! Much love, Rysie.x

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb