ooty on february


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu
May 30th 2010
Published: May 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ooty can still be pretty chilly in February yet there will not be any snow there. At best you can walk through some clouds, which you can do in many other places in HP, UP, UA etc. Personally speaking, if I am based in Delhi, I would rather choose a place closer to Delhi, say an overnight journey, like Dehradun, Nainital, Mussoorie etc. Or a destination in Rajasthan if plains are okay.

About the places to see there are quite a few and it makes sense to book into a sightseeing trip of your choice after you reach there. You can hire a private taxi for just the two of you and do it on two different days if you like, covering Coonoor, Pykkara & Mudumalai. For cab charges, I would place it at Rs. 1,500 and negotiable. Ooty is just 90km from Coimbatore however you are likely to be charged both ways. Instead you could even hire a taxi for two days from Coimbatore, make an overnight stay at Ooty for one night, and yet cover all the places.
Ooty, like most hill stations, is a place where you stay on and experience the nice and healthy weather for a few days, they are generally not places to zip in and zip out! However many of us tend to do just that because of different constraints. So, depending on your budget and time available you can choose accomodation at a great number of places, including at Coonoor, which tends to be milder in climate. Better to do a web search and select a mid-range or upmarket option. Once you narrow down your choices, you can ask for an opinion, I think that will be better. There are hotels everywhere like Charing Cross, near the Lake, around the Bus Stand and Coonoor.
Please remember to carry warm wear & footwear and see if you can find a place with heating.

I would like to recommend vinod taxi services ex Coimbatore, especially for trips to Ooty, Top Slip, Kodaikanal, Munnar or anywhere locally or in the region. We have used his service many times, he is a safe driver and very honest. Contact vinoth Mobile:0 9944003594


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0901s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb