Coolies in Keelamudiman


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu
November 18th 2009
Published: November 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Keelamudiman


This blog covers the 2009 De La Salle College trip, with 17 students and 5 staff, to two social justice projects in India. One project is based at Keesera, Andhra Pradesh and the other at Keelamudiman, Tamil Nadu.

Report from Coolies in Keelamudiman - Larry and Ange have more access to internet than Group 2... so we are writing on behalf of the Coolies for any parents who have been checking the blog and haven't seen anything from their boys! We speak to Peppe every few days via mobile or sms and all is well, despite some boys being struck down with a bout of gastro last week.

The Coolies in Keelamudiman are doing well and working hard. So hard that by 9 o'clock they are all in bed! They spend a lot of their days doing the same work as the Coolies in Keesera, shifting sand and bricks. Their first day last week was very similar to the one at Keesera, an introduction to the school community and tour of the school. The school sounds like it is alot smaller than BJT Lasallian School but comfortable nonetheless. Over the weekend, they were taken to a big town right at the southern most point of India (cant remember the name). From all accounts this week, it seems like everyone has settled in to life in India...

Thanks, Ange and Larry



Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb