First impressions


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Mahabalipuram
February 12th 2015
Published: February 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well, i managed to post some pictures, tried to add captions but failed, still working out the kinks. So basically the first three are from Chennai, the rest from Mammallapuram. Will work on getting it altogether for the next post.



Well we made it! Arrived safely on Tues night after 28 hrs of travel. Chennai was a bit of a work out for the senses, an assault of sights, sounds and smells. Not overly hot,very pleasant in fact at 23C. We did as much exploring as the jet lag would allow. We explored a few temple complexes and the Basillica of San Tomme, where we witnessed a wedding in progress.Took a stroll along the prominade at Marina Beach. The food so far has been delicious and very inexpensive, lunch can be had for around $2 and dinner around $4.

Took the bus today and moved on to Mamallapuram and spent the afternoon exploring a large park that has huge boulders, stone carvings and stone temples dating from as far back as 630 AD. There are some huge reliefs on the side of a stone hill, an absolute marvel when you think of the era in which they were carved.

We will stay here one more day and move on to Pondicherry on Sat. I have taken lots of pictures and was going to post them here, but am having technical difficulties, so I will keep trying and hope to resolve that soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



13th February 2015

Happy Landing !!
So glad you made it safely and are finding your senses awakened to new sights, smells and tastes. Can't wait to see some of your photos. Stay safe as you explore and encourage others and have fun with your son!!
13th February 2015

Looks like the adventure is off to a great start! So nice to see pictures. I know it might not be you and Andrew's usual style, but try and take a few with you guys in them ;)

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb