Kodaikanal


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Kodaikanal
October 29th 2022
Published: October 29th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Journey started with my family and we decided to drive 550 kms by road from Chennai. We started off late at night, to avoid the crazy traffic that has taken over Chennai City due to Metro work. Reached Trichy in the morning around 4 am. Not a great travel though as currently the highways to Trichy from Chennai are also under renovation.

City of Trichy holds some beautiful temples. Can visit the Old Jambukeshwar Temple there and the Fort Temple.

Post Breakfast and temple Darshan we started heading to Kodaikanal.

Journey was beautiful as the roads were good. We reached the foothills of Kodaikanal and realised that there are many people who have chosen Kodaikanal as there weekend destination. The road uphill was crowded, and there were multiple potholes in the road. Alongside there were PWD work going on, which made the drive uphill bit tiring. Note, there is only one Liquor shop available in Kodaikanal mear the main market and stocks are very limited in terms of choices. We were glad to find some Sula available with the shop. It closes early as well, close to 9:00 pm.

Once we reached our destination, we were happy with our chosen hotel. It was spacious and clean. However prices were shot up manifold. Point to note, any food order will take a minimum of 45-50 minutes, like phulka, curry, biryani, as everything is made as per the order from the scratch. Taste of the food was nice and portions were decent.

Once we woke up in the morning and opened the curtains, the view was mesmerising and really memorable. Don't miss the have the South Indian Filter coffee once you are in Tamil Nadu, that's something they can't go wrong at ,🤗.

After the breakfast we decided to visit few sites in Kodaikanal. And we went to Bryant Park, Moir Point, Pillar Rocks Road, Kodaikanal Lake, Coakers Walk, Church.

We intentionally chose only a few so we can carry on our journey to Thekkady.

To be continued...


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb