Same Same, But Different


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
May 6th 2010
Published: May 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Language doesn’t matter, culture doesn’t matter, country doesn’t matter. When people know Jesus and follow him, worshipping and praying with others that don’t even speak the same language, knowing Christ can cut through all of those things that we call barriers. We dress differently from each other. Our cultures are so vastly different. But if you were to look at the hearts of our YWAM Minneapolis India team and the hearts of the Indians at the YWAM Chennai base, and other followers of Christ all around the world, we are all the same. “Same same, but different” as many of the Indians say. Knowing and loving Jesus as Lord and Savior I have seen can cut straight through those barriers. During many worship and prayer times in the YWAM Chennai base, Jesus was there with us and the Holy Spirit was working in our hearts to bring us all closer to each other. Even though I didn’t really know the language, I could still sit there and listen to the praises to Jesus rise to heaven in Tamil, the language of Tamil Nadu.

Later one other morning, I was at Little Lights Children’s Home (LLCH) listening to the staff women praising Jesus after the children had gone off to school for the day. I was ironing the children’s uniforms that they would wear the next day at school and just listened to these women. I had no idea what they were saying, but it brought joy to my heart to just listen! These women, half way around the world from where I live love Jesus with all their hearts just as much as you and me. It was so encouraging to see that display of faith. Jesus is working in the hearts of people all throughout the world of his Father, let’s not forget this. We are all the same, created equally as children of God, loved more than we could ever imagine, even half way around the world. But we are all different at the same time with different hair, skin, clothing, culture, foods, money and many more. Same same, but different.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb