Beans Entry


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
February 13th 2005
Published: February 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone, Bean on the mike. India is incerdable, just like I knew it would be. we traveled down south to Chennai, yesterday, it was a long train ride and we were in a small compartment with a family, with three kids. The constantl mimcked everything we said and wanted to play chess the whole time. That is how India is, people are very friendly and ver interested in what you are doing. Everytime we ask one person for direction a crowd of ten or more people surrounds, all of them trying to help us out. Jason and i have adapted to the squat toilets and wiping with our hands as well as eating with our hands. To answer Chads question, the Buddhists at Bodgaya were of course very peaceful, I felt incredably peaceful there too. The Adhus and Yogis that we come across are a totally different breed. Most are Swami GimmiAllYoMoney, but the one or two wev'e met who are spiritul are very peace ful. One Sahdu i met covered his body in ash and only wore a cloth around his waste. Both the Buddhists and Hindus are more concerned with devotion to their deity than the deepr philosophical meaning behind their religions. I glad to say I compltely summerged myself in the most polluted/ most holy river in the world, the Ganges. And meditating under the Bodhi Tree was incredible as weel. Now we are in Chennai. We sat on the beach last night were only a month and a half ago 600 people were killed by the Tsunami. You wouldn't belive it sitting there. There is no destruction or debris. But I looked out in the dark water and imaged the thirty foot wave crashing down on me, it made me look at the ocean with a fear, I've never felt towards the ocean. But I'm going raise up off this computer, becasue it is hot as hell in here. See you all soon. Namaste. bean.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0893s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb