Arrival


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
December 6th 2008
Published: December 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 - Arrived at Chennai airport at approx. 04:00
We found the YWCA guesthouse and with heavy hearts we had to wake up the snoring Isaac to check us in. The guest house has a monastry feel to it with lots of trees and gardens surronding the international guest house. The staff were all very friendly despite the hour!

Our room, albeit infested with ants, was comfortable enough with AC and a ceing fan to keep us cool in the warm Indian winter nights!

Much later that day (yes, we managed to get in about 10 hours sleep!) to went in search of SIM cards, internet cafes and the likes. We found Spencer's plaza, with it's three phased design! It's like an indoor souk and it has pretty much everything you need.

We had dinner at the GRT Grand hotel were I met with a colleague from Angola - Prabu - and there we delighted in some amazing Indian cuisine. The variety of vegetarian dishes is immense! The favour are overwhelmingly good. Whoever knew you could do so much with such ingredients? The previous night we dined at the Comfort Inn (LP recommended) and again, whilst it was far more modest in price than the GRT, the food was not wanting of taste! Truly fantastic. Thanks to Jon, a fellow traveller, who made the experience all the better that night with his delightful company. Hope all is well in Mumbai Jon! Good luck.

As much as we loved Chennai for it's chaos and it's people's faces that were full of joy we were quite happy when the morning came to move on to the next town.... Next chapter Pondicherry!

WATCH THIS SPACE! 😉

P.S. Sorry for lack of photos here but no USB cables allowed 😞 Will post some soon! XXXXXXX


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb