The India Tour Begins


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
December 4th 2008
Published: December 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are now at the Childrens Home in Kaliyampoondi, a small village about 2 hours from Chennai. We flew from Dehli to Chennai yesterday morning and spent the better part of the day trying to connect with a doctor who is going to perform plastic surgery for one of the girls at the home who was burned very bad as a child. He was callled into emergency surgery though so we did not get to meet with him and instead got caught in the worst traffic I have ever seen. It took us two hours just to get out of Chennai, we didn't get to the home until nearly one in the morning. Then it took us nearly an hour to get the mosquito nets all put up and make sure there were no ants in our beds. The children get up entirely too early, around six, and are not very quiet. I am really tired today, maybe I'll take a nap. There is a computer with a pretty good internet connection here in the office, so I have spent the last couple hours uploading photos for the previous entries and trying to catch up a bit after not having internet for a while.
The security is a lot tighter at the airports and there are a lot more security personnel roaming around since the terrorist attacks in Mumbai. We are feeling pretty safe out here in the country and the extra security is helping the safety issues in the city. More to come from Kaliyampoondi soon - nap time.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb