Farewell to India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
August 18th 2005
Published: September 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We had a thousand rupees left but had to leave for Chennai airport. We hadn't had dinner so decided to buy it there with the leftover cash. Taxi wasn't expensive but took ages. We had to go through to departures when we got to the teminal so checked our luggage and went through without finding food.

Now surprisingly or not (I am surprised we were surprised - considering) when we got through to the 'lounge' of this major international airport there were four places to sit and 'eat'. First was an executive lounge which to enter you had to pay. Second was a 'gold card' lounge, access to which the likes of us weren’t granted (I did try using my gold visa card but that wasn't what they were looking for)! Third was another 'exec' style lounge for first class passengers, and fourth - a snack bar with 5 to 6 hour old samosas and spicy 'stuff', and a 'cheese burger'. On the latter was a veggie pattie and processed cheese that was so old it was hard.

Not to moan, but that was our last taste of India before leaving for 'Sing'. It's unforunate but the best part of leaving that day was the meal (admittedly at 4am) on Singapore airlines which has to rank as one of the best airline meals we've had - but we were famished and were watching 'Madagascar' at the time.

To India a fond but due fairwell, and to Singapore - an expectant hello.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.568s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 93; dbt: 0.4805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb