10th Anniversary of the Coimbatore Church


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
June 27th 2005
Published: June 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey everybody,
We finally got the internet back up and running at the hotel! Some services are not very reliable here. Thanks to everybody reading this and praying for us.
I have a question for you. How does a church of 215 get 160 visitors? I was really hoping that we could get online last night so that maybe it could be announced at church. I know we are trying to focus on outreach. Saturday we split up into pairs and went to disciple's homes to encourage them and get to know them. Then we left and went to their neighbor's homes to invite them out to church. Jen and I invited almost a whole street! A lot of it was "Hey, look at the white people!" But aside from that, most of these people have never had an American in their home and actually care about them. So it was really impactfull for the local Christians to be able to say, "They go to my church! This is how we love people!" It was awesome! And the fellowship after church went on for hours!
All of the boys have been very impressive in their behavior. Some of them went hoarse from talking to so many people after church. Our goal is simply to be more outgoing than we were yesterday.
I wish that we could type everything that we are experience but that is simply not possible. There is so much that we haven't written. No one even mentioned the Hindu Temple, the elephant, the presents, the leader's meeting, all the different villages.......the list is endless. Just be prepared for many stories.
One last thing, many of the boys especially, have expressed a sadness at the idea of coming home and reverting to the way they used to be. All I could tell them was that they should set the example and communicate right away that their lives have been changed. I feel very responsible for my boys and want everybody to know that they are making so much progress, let them teach you what they have learned.
Pray for Jen, she got REALLY sick yesterday and last night.
Mary Beljan has been waiting very patiently while we try to connect and here she is!!
Love,
Ben


Hi
It is absolutely unbelievable over here...Once I got over the jet lag, I have been feeling fine. I have had an opportunity to serve the people here with my nursing skills. Our first day we bandaged wounds at the leper colony. The next day I sat a HOPE clinic and saw patients. Our brother Johnson translated for me and I assessed patients and gave them medicine. The conditions are primitive at best...no such thing as sterile technique. Today I visited a goverment run hospital --- unbelievable. There are many wards of patients lying on metal bedframes. We talked a prayed with several people. I watched as two student nurses cleaned a woman's leg wound...there was three inches of bone sticking out. The patients that go to the government hospital do not pay anything, so the care they recieve is very minimal. The medical students look just as scared as the new students and residents do in the states.
Everywhere we go everyone just wants to meet us. We are met with wide smiles and warm hugs as we are welcomed into the homes. The traffic is insane...guess what...I rode on the back of a motorcyle yesterday. At the 10th Anniversary Celebration yesterday, our host disicples kept having to pull my from crowds of people who would ask me to pray for them. The church here is making a major impact on so many people. They have grown from 7 on the mission team to 215 disciples. Their love and heart for God is truly convicting. We have a lot to learn from their spirit of service to the community.
Happy Birthday Tim -- sorry I am not there (not really). All the brothers from the Indian Church of Christ in Coimbatore say Happy Birthday too..
Mary



Hello to everyone 😊

This is wendy and I am so excited to be writing to you all. We are having an amazing time here and are so grateful to everyone who has been praying for us and helped provide gifts and financial support for our venture.
To my mom and dad and collin and beth I say a special hello and want you to know that we are having a great time, please give my love to LJ and ROmika... are they following on the blog ?... tim got a little fever from the sun and I got a little stomach trouble... we were worried about the kids getting sick and so far only the adults have been suffering some minor ailments... 😊
We love you all and will keep you posted of our travels.
wendy

Hello Americans! Just a few great stories of encouragement to share with you! Some of the Indian sisters came to our hotel very early before Sunday service, to dress some of the American sisters in their Indian sarees! They looked stunning! After the amazing Sunday service, we all went to a local park to play volleyball! The Detroit team beat the Indian team in the match (2-1)! Alex was named the MVP! He was chosen to pray at the end, he did such a great job! Today, Kevin and I got the opportunity to study the discipleship study with a brother's nieces in their home! I'm so grateful how much we are working as a team over here! I hope we can implement so many of these changes into our lives in America! Continue to pray for our health, because it can be challenging!
Love,
Christy Krawczyk




Advertisement



27th June 2005

It is great to hear from you
Hello mission India team! It is so inspirational to hear the stories that you have shared. It is exciting to hear how God is working through you and the impact that you are making on the disciples over there. Thank you so much for your hearts and service. We miss you and we're praying for you. Love - The Schlossers P.S. Happy belated birthday, Jen! I hope you are feeling better.
27th June 2005

A life changing experience
I can see that this is a life changing experience for all of you, as you expected that it would be! I am sure that the Indian brothers and sisters have no idea how much they are impacting you--they feel that YOU are giving to them! Isn't God great! We are all inspired by your stories. It sounds like a few of you have had some health issues. Is everyone doing better? We continue to pray for you constantly, and are anxious to see you soon! Alex, believe it or not, even your BROTHERS miss you! Now, that's saying something! I forwarded the blog to your grandma and grandpa--they were very excited and proud---grandma even said she was going to print it and take it to HER church to share! I also forwarded it to the Indianapolis Church, and to the Hulberts (they were having trouble opening it) Is it about 100 degrees there? We are having about 95 degrees here! Is it raining everyday like they predicted? ANd what about the train ride, was it OK? Did you all experience incredible jet lag? ANd, OK, what was that Ben said about an elephant, a Hindu temple, etc. (stuff you forgot to tell us)? Do people stare at you all the time because you look foreign? And what about the supplies that were sent--did they make it through the airline channels? What kind of food are you eating most of the time? And, could you understand any of the church service--was it in another language? (they say I'm an inquisitive type :) Just a few simple questions :) :) We love you and miss you--can't wait to see you soon! Hugs for all and hugs AND kisses for Alex! (don't worry, no lipstick!) Love, Luanne (mom), and the gang
27th June 2005

Happy Birthday, Jen!
Sick? What a lousy birthday present! I hope you're feeling better now. Much love, Doug
27th June 2005

miles apart but close at heart
We love reading about what is happening there. Our hearts are moved in ways we never expected just by the few things you have been able to share. We are praying for everyone's health (spiritual and physical)!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb