Auroville... The city the world needs.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Auroville
March 11th 2008
Published: March 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I happened to arrive in Auroville, quite by mistake, the year of it's 40th anniversary...
This place is quite a gem and even if every stone will reveal a few worms if you look hard enough as you dig them up, this has been a delightful discovery... the City the Earth needs...

For us guests, this is a place where to enjoy peace and tranquillity, a place where you can practice yoga and meditation in the most sublime surroundings, a place where you can attend many interesting workshops and receive the most wonderful treatments...
The food is delicious - alcohol and drugs are strictly forbidden...

On February 28th, Auroville's birthday was celebrated at the amphitheatre with a big bonfire just before dawn.... thousands of people came - you could still see a few stars, the birds were singing in the surrounding jungle - candles were lit, the bonfire was lashing big beautiful flames and everyone sat in silence or meditation until the sky turned a gentle pinky/orange colour - the colour of Auroville - and we heard a recording of the "Mother's" dream...
All too soon, it was sunrise and the sun rays reflected in the golden discs of the magnificent Matrimandir - then many people walked towards the very large banyan tree which stands close to the Matrimandir ...
It was a moment of quiet reflection and connection with the very powerful force which is all around the area.

It is now time for me to leave but it is so hard to leave a place where one feels so at home...



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb