Going where the wind blows


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Auroville
March 24th 2007
Published: March 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I just discovered I never published this for some reason so here it is now...
We're starting to really get into this whole idea of coincidences and things cropping up just as you want them to. So many people in Auroville have told us to trust that things will happen if you really want them to. People say they ask the Divine for what they want and they get it, somehow, in some form. It sounds really ideal, and a little unlikely, but then this does seem to be happening here. Whenever we have doubts or questions or quandaries, within a day, we seem to find ourselves talking to someone who answers us, without us even mentioning it to them.
The whole point of our trip around the world was to go where the wind blows, to not plan too much and see what comes out of it so this also seems to fit. We only booked our flight to India 5 days before we left. We really didn’t know how long we'd be here or where exactly we'd go but the freedom that gave us was brilliant as well as frustrating!
Anyway, here we are in Auroville. We have met so many people while researching an article and seem to have made a lot of lovely new friends. We've only been here 2 weeks, and we were due to leave yesterday, but there seemed so much more to learn that mid last week we found ourselves discussing how to stay. The fact of the matter is that Auroville is more expensive than the rest of India, but then it is a totally different place too, and the quality of accommodation etc is generally much higher. So we've been weighing all this up. We were overstretching our budget by being here, but then it's a really supremely interesting place and we are seriously thinking of moving here. All these thoughts were going through us, as well as the fact that I was generally feeling very overwhelmed with the amount of new thought and intense discussions we have been having with so many people. I felt like I needed to get out, but at the same time I wanted to stay, and we just don’t really have the budget to remain here, so what to do? Well, half an hour after our conversation, along came the answer. We met a really lovely woman who mentioned her friend had a house. A phone call later and we had been offered a house to stay in while his parents are away. And not only that but it is slightly outside Auroville, by the beach, so all our answers seem to be there. It's close enough that we can cycle in but it’s outside enough to allow me to breathe a bit!
And then 2 days ago, we almost randomly found ourselves in a small indigo dying company, being shown their techniques, and told all about the launch of a brand new product - 100% naturally dyed, hand loomed jeans -nobody else does this in the world, yet. We got so excited by this idea, that we offered to help - as did another woman who also almost randomly turned up, and since then, we seem to have a really solid reason for being here. It feels as if that is the reason we've been offered the house, to help with this launch, and we seem to have got ourselves a very good marketing team together - Bob is doing photography and web designing, Anita is a Graphic Designer who is doing logo and art direction, I am managing the work and we keep meeting exactly the people we need to meet to make this work even better.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 88; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb