Gorumara National Park on National Highway No. 31.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Sikkim
April 22nd 2017
Published: November 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

22.04.2017

Started Return journey on 22.04.2017. The road was same round and round. At one point, Nayan showed us that tunnel near the stupa which has a building of Hydro electric project. We did little photography.

The bus stopped for a long time at the diversion. The nature was pleasant here. Then we started our journey to Jaigaon, West Bengal.

Entered Indian area and difference was noted immediately. In India there was was no control and no one asked anything. Lots of vehicles were coming from Bhutan to India. We did not noticed any checkpost. When we had walked to Bhutan for visa purpose and came back to Hotel for taking our luggage that time also we had gone through Indian checkpost. The sentry there were just observing the people coming in. May be it was their routine. But we felt that some control should be there.

The bus stopped at our hotel Sheetal. Our luggage was taken out. We said goodbye to Nayan. Now we were going to a restaurant down the hotel. As lunch was pre ordered, it was served to us. We were going by two vehicles to Latagudi, a forest in West Bengal. After lunch, the vehicles came and our luggage was tied on top. The journey to Latagudi forest started.

Lataguri is a small town located in the Jalpaiguri district of Indian state of West Bengal. The village is located outside the Gorumara National Park on National Highway No. 31. Permits for entering Gorumara are given from Lataguri.

We stayed in resort Saliyan Resort. It was a good resort. In the dinner they gave us jackfruit vegetable. Misty Dohi and Rassogulla. The Bhutanese don't eat sweet so we had not seen any Sweets shop there. Also they eat less sugar and less salt. We also observed that chilly is less in food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb