Noodless Chicken


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Udaipur
April 1st 2011
Saved: April 4th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 24.5823, 73.6882

I get the impression from some of the comments I receive that people who read my blog may think that I'm not having a good time. Nothing is further from the truth, while India is difficult, frustrating, infuriating and confusing (sometimes all at the same time) it is still an incredible country. Overall people are friendly and helpful, what I set out to do when I write my blog is to emphasis the differences that occur here and relate my observations and impressions of what I have seen or experienced. There are many things that happen here which either don't or couldn't happen back home and being able to stand back as an outsider is what I love the most about travel. We are currently in Udaipur its claim to fame is that its where some of the James Bond film Octopussy took place. Whats so interesting about that is that nearly every establishment in this city claims to be the location of that filming and to reinforce that fact most of those places will play the film in the restaurant every night. The truth is that the filming took place in a couple of the palaces that are scattered about the city, I'm pretty sure none of the backpacker hostels featured to prominently. Udaipur is a very picturesque city it has a number of well preserve buildings some of which date back to the 16the century, the architecture is highly influenced by the Moors so that you have these beautiful buildings with turrets and scolloped archways and massive doors. There are Ghats (stairs) that go down to the lake in the centre of the city where people go to bath and wash their clothes, in some aspects its like time has stood still. One of the things that this town could really use though is a proof reader. Now I know I'm not the greatest speller in the world but the signs and menus do leave a bit to be desired, here are some examples: Noodless Chicken, Surface may become Slipper, Roof Toof cafe, Milk Snakes, just to name a few. and finally I would like to tell you about our breakfast experience this morning. We tried a new place , the waiter/ cook came to take our order we explained we would like the "set breakfast" which consisted of: Coffee/ tea + Eggs (any way you like) Toast with jam/honey/butter and fruit salad. After a few minutes convincing the waiter/ cook that we want the "set breakfast" and were not ordering everything individually he ask a couple of pertinent questions: coffee or tea? coffee please, eggs which way ? boiled please, toast which? honey please. So we patiently waited and what we eventually got was: anaemic coffee, 2 fried eggs, toast and jam and muesli with curd (yogurt) not quite right but as the locals say here "that's India"

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

2nd April 2011

Of course your having a good time, your masochistic streak is being well and truly satisfied. Mmm don't think I haven't forgotten the crunchy stale donut, 'training' for this journey started a long time ago. The anaemic coffe sounds ameri
can though. Anyway the crap bits of a trip are the ones we always seem to reflect on and have a laugh at. Keep sending us truth we love it.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb